Pastor Dr. John Lane
Dr. John Lane received the Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Studies and the Master of Education degree in Guidance and Counseling from South Carolina State University. He also completed additional studies in school administration at the University of South Carolina. Besides, he received the Doctor of Education degree from NOVA Southeastern University. He completed additional studies at the Griffin Bible Institute too. Moreover, Dr Lane has been a successful school administrator for over 20 years and has been an adjunct professor for Winthrop University, South Carolina State University and most recently, Southern Wesleyan University. Among his accomplishments, he is most proud of the following:
- Recipient of “Stevenson Outstanding Administrator of the Year Award,” 2005
- Selected as an “Outstanding Executive of America,” 1997
- Nominated for the South Carolina Father of the Year Award, 1996
- Listed on SC Library Association’s Honor Roll of Principals, 1995
- Selected as an “Outstanding Young Man of America,” 1981
- Numerous local, state, regional and national recognition for schools where he worked.
Dr. Lane is currently employed with the Marlboro County School District as Executive Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment.
Furthermore, Dr John Lane is an ordained Baptist Minister and has been the successful and effective pastor of three Churches spanning 41 years in the ministry. He is currently Senior Pastor of the Disciples of Christ Baptist Church located too in Columbia, South Carolina. Dr. Lane is a native of South Carolina and he and his wife, Janet, are the proud parents of three sons, John, Joel and Jeremy.